Re: Turning Off Archive Logging for Dev, Test Systems

From: <if_investor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:42:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 7, 10:24 am, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 4:15 pm, "if_inves..._at_yahoo.com"
>

> <basis_consult..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > We are running a few SAP/Ora9i/10g Windows systems in which point-in-
> > time
> > recovery is not needed. (Some of these systems can easily be rebuilt,
> > and
> > others can be restored from a regular cold backup). The systems are
> > combined
> > OLTP/DS.
>
> > Thus, I am thinking of turning off archive logging for these systems.
> > What
> > are some of the other drawbacks to turning off archive logging?
>
> > Thanks,
> > BASIS Consultant
>
> If you want REAL test it is better that your test environment is equal
> to production system.
> Performance can be slightly different.
> The problem are archived logs, but you can schedule an rman script
> that regularly deletes
> archived logs
>
> Regards,
> Cristian Cudizio
>
> http://oracledb.wordpress.comhttp://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. We are developing software, not replicating our production
environment (In which case you are correct, and I would leave archive logging
on). I should have specified so in the original question.

Thanks Received on Mon Apr 07 2008 - 09:42:47 CDT

Original text of this message