RAC and scalability

From: Andrea <netsecurity_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 03:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
i've need some advise for resolve my doubt on RAC, because i have to sizing RAC environment in my business.
Have been shows me two different solutions of RAC:

  1. One node of Bl680c (until 4 CPU quad Core)
  2. Two node of Bl480c (only 2 CPU quad Core)

The type of choice is a valuate for future scalability, first solution support vertical scalability (2 to 4 CPU) instead of second solution where scalability is only for horizontal (add a nodes). First solution is correct sure but is more expensive and i would like to know if his cost is justifiable, more cpu are effective benefit?

thanks for your info

Andrew Received on Mon Apr 07 2008 - 05:52:20 CDT

Original text of this message