Re: Compressed Indexes and insert operations

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:21:03 -0700
> Will there be a performance impact in insert operations in a table
> that has all indexes defined as compressed as opposed to having a
> regular non-compressed index. This is in Oracle 10g.
> Thanks
> Sam

The other responses you have received cover the topic well but I would like to address one point in your question.

There is essentially no chance you are ever going to compress all indexes in 10g given the way the compression works. I would suggest reading more in Oracle's docs so that you understand how they work.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group