Re: Compressed Indexes and insert operations

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 04 Apr 2008 22:11:54 GMT

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:34:02 -0700, oracleingres wrote:

> Will there be a performance impact in insert operations in a table that
> has all indexes defined as compressed as opposed to having a regular
> non-compressed index. This is in Oracle 10g.

Let me reply in style of the founding member of the Pythian Group, Mrs. Pythia of Deplhi: if you compress an index, you will cause a significant change. If you want more, do some testing and benchmarking. It's the most reliable method of finding answers and is normally called "due diligence". It is irresponsible to ask the group questions that can easily be answered by minimal effort on your part. I hope that you're not doing that for your employer.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com