Re: recovering lost tables from oracle9i database

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:59:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 3, 8:56 am, "Shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> <anujit..._at_yahoo.co.in> schreef in berichtnews:626b1d15-4e44-47f3-ad5a-58d12c3d558f_at_u36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>
> > in my oracle 9i database,around 150 tables were created and used
> > frequently. but one fine day,only around 20 tables are seen and other
> > tables are missing. How can I recover all the other tables. The tables
> > are all created by scott/tiger. pls help me out asp.
>
> Since this does not sound like a real production system (scott/tiger!!!) I
> hope you have a backup!
>
> Shakespeare

anujit, Shakespeare brings up the first thought I had which is why is the scott/tiger username and password being used. This is a training Id for which the password should always be changed in test and the ID should be dropped or at least locked out of production.

On a production system you should have rman or at least hot backs that could be used to restore the database to a duplicate then advanced to a point just before the objects were dropped.

Do you take exports? For test this should be good enough.

This is all providing you actually determined that you really need to restore these objects.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 03 2008 - 10:59:37 CDT

Original text of this message