Re: Amend and udate data using 10G EM ?

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:25:41 +0200

"GPD" <jnk_at_thedawes.gotadsl.co.uk.nospam> schreef in bericht news:8OCdnZhm5rEWQWnanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d_at_pipex.net...

> I WISH SOMEONE WOULD JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION
>
> In a nutshell.
>
> Basically I work for a company that supplies back office sofware to large
> banks.
> Some foreign banks, and the foreign brnaches of Taiwanese banks are in
> mind dont have IT staff, or DB staff, if there is a problem they pick up
> the phone and say "Ehlo, we hav proberlem with systam knot werking.
> must help now."
> Explaining clicks is easier than sql statements.
> If we are lucky we have remote access but not always.
>
> They have a GUI tools to viewdata called TOAD under WIndows 2000 and
> Oracle 8.
> Head office and audt department then tell branches to go Windows 2003 and
> Oracle 10 for security and other internal issues beyond my control.
> So a few have gone 64 bit 2003/10G.
>
> Customer still expects a GUI style data access.
>

> "Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "GPD" <jnk_at_thedawes.gotadsl.co.uk.nospam> schreef in bericht
>>> Nothing.
>>>
>>> But I deal with dumb non technical users. And telling them what to click
>>> is easier than asking them to run queries.
>>>
>>> Just they were to use toad and expect somethign similar on 64 bit.
>>>

>>> "gazzag" <gareth_at_jamms.org> wrote in message

>> So you want dumb users to use EM? You want dumb users to work on your 64
>> bit SERVER?
>> When your dumb users are on a dumb 32 bit client they can use toad, can't
>> they?
>>
>> Shakespeare

Large banks without IT staff, manipilating data with Toad ...aaarggh, I hope they don't take over my bank.

> Head office and audt department then tell branches to go Windows 2003 and
> Oracle 10 for security and other internal issues beyond my control.

Don't make me laugh: SECURITY??? Dumb users using TOAD?

IF THEY HAVE ONLY 1 (ONE, UNO, EIN, UNE) CLIENT PC OR LAPTOP IN THEIR NETWORK (AND DON'T TELL ME THEY DON'T HAVE NETWORKS EITHER) THEY CAN STILL USE TOAD AND MAKE A CONNECTION TO THE SERVER. THE BITS OF THE SERVER DON'T MATTER! AND WHY DOESN'T A BANK BUY LEGITIMATE, SUPPORTED SOFTWARE, BUT USE FREE TOAD??? AND STOP TOP POSTING PLEASE. Shoutspeare Received on Thu Apr 03 2008 - 09:25:41 CDT

Original text of this message