Re: recovering lost tables from oracle9i database

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 05:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Apr, 13:32, anujit..._at_yahoo.co.in wrote:
> in my oracle 9i database,around 150 tables were created and used
> frequently. but one fine day,only around 20 tables are seen and other
> tables are missing. How can I recover all the other tables. The tables
> are all created by scott/tiger. pls help me out asp.

Depending on your setup, Flashback Query may be of some benefit: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c21cnsis.htm#20178

Of course, at the risk of sounding like I'm shutting the gate after the horse has bolted, your main concern is how this happened and how you are going to prevent it happening again. You may want ot examine your backup solution, too ;)

HTH -g Received on Thu Apr 03 2008 - 07:56:20 CDT

Original text of this message