Capitalize first letter of FIRST word

From: <ragnar.husum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 01:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have one long textfield that contains productinfo where everything is stored in ALL CAPS. I'd like to convert it to sentence case, that is, the first letter of each sentence capitalized. Initcap doesn't quite do the trick since it converts the first character in each word.

Does anyone know of a sql-function that will do this? Or, has anyone written a function to do this, and if so, would they mind sharing the code? I'm using Oracle 9.2

Tanks! Ragnar Husum Received on Thu Apr 03 2008 - 03:19:29 CDT

Original text of this message