Re: 9i runInstaller hangs - AIX 5.3 ML05

From: Neil Cudd <>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 06:37:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 Mar, 14:51, DP <> wrote:
> Thanks Joel,
> We beleive that we narrowed it down to Reflections, when  we used
> Cygwin the installer was slow, but it did finish.
> Dennis

I've recently been converted to using VNC. I always thought x-windows was rubbish - slow and resource hungry - and I could never uunderstand why an xwindows client was not bundled with Oracle s'ware if it's a prerequisite for installation ... grrr ...

Anyhoo - I've found VNC ( - and it's free) works much better where x-windows runs like a dog for no discenable reason that I can fathom.

Neil. Received on Tue Apr 01 2008 - 08:37:50 CDT

Original text of this message