Re: Periodic restart DB recommended or no ?

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:55:23 +0200

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht news:1206978408.713883_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> My Windows Servers are rebooted every weekend, so Oracle gets rebooted
>> as well. I have found that if servers are not rebooted (once Windows
>> automatic reboot job was not working), Oracle as well as other
>> applications on the server started giving problems.give sproblems.
>> On HP UNBIX Servers, this weekly reboot is not requied, servers are
>> rebooted only when OS patch is installed (every 3 to 6 months).
>
> I'm running 10gR2 under Oracle Linux on a couple of HP boxes (DL360 and
> DL380) and from the day they were moved into the current data center
> they have never been rebooted. I'd suggest getting a different O/S.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

I have seen a VAX VMS Oracle 7?/8? don't remember) server not being rebooted for a long long time, ending up running an outdated oracle version. Once it was rebooted, it never came up again....

Shakespeare Received on Mon Mar 31 2008 - 14:55:23 CDT

Original text of this message