Re: Periodic restart DB recommended or no ?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:41:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 30, 1:34 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
> "Rahan" <Ra..._at_rahan.net> wrote in message

> > Hello everybody,
>
> > Usually, what are the reasons why you have to stop and restart the
> > database ?
>
> > Perhaps, for somes maintenance like :
> > - check integrity of the database ?
> > - cleanup the buffer (SGA/PGA) ?
> > - reduce the problems related the DB processes ?
> > - cleaup the redo log file ?
> > - make a clean system backup ?
> > - resize tablespace, segment or update redo log file... ?
>
> > so, i would like to list the main actions recommended requiring a stop of
> > the database.
>
> > Could you advice please.
>
> > Thanks a lot
> > Regards
>
> To cleanup memory leaks perhaps ... but I don't know if that's the case for
> Oracle software ...- Hide quoted text -

My Windows Servers are rebooted every weekend, so Oracle gets rebooted as well. I have found that if servers are not rebooted (once Windows automatic reboot job was not working), Oracle as well as other applications on the server started giving problems.give sproblems. On HP UNBIX Servers, this weekly reboot is not requied, servers are rebooted only when OS patch is installed (every 3 to 6 months). Received on Sun Mar 30 2008 - 17:41:30 CDT

Original text of this message