Re: help!! how to call pl/sql anonymous block from java?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:04:40 +0200

Vladimir M. Zakharychev wrote:

> What's the exact Java code you tried? Which error is being thrown with
> this block (what's the exception stack trace?) "Can not work" is to
> vague to diagnose and offer a solution... If no exception is thrown
> then the block completes successfully, it simply doesn't return
> anything and doesn't modify anything as far as I can see, it just
> fetches a cursor in a do-nothing loop, so I wouldn't expect any output
> from it, and execute() should return false because there's no result
> set being returned.

In addition to Vladimirs obsevations, look into ref cursors.

I do add, I find this a dangerous approach: any programmer should *know* the data model, and use it - this sounds like the "universal" application (I believe the marketing term is "database independent") getting reinvented.
You allow code to be inserted on the fly. Great stuff for hackers!

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up