Re: help!! how to call pl/sql anonymous block from java?

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:04:40 +0200

Vladimir M. Zakharychev wrote:

> What's the exact Java code you tried? Which error is being thrown with
> this block (what's the exception stack trace?) "Can not work" is to
> vague to diagnose and offer a solution... If no exception is thrown
> then the block completes successfully, it simply doesn't return
> anything and doesn't modify anything as far as I can see, it just
> fetches a cursor in a do-nothing loop, so I wouldn't expect any output
> from it, and execute() should return false because there's no result
> set being returned.

In addition to Vladimirs obsevations, look into ref cursors.

I do add, I find this a dangerous approach: any programmer should *know* the data model, and use it - this sounds like the "universal" application (I believe the marketing term is "database independent") getting reinvented.
You allow code to be inserted on the fly. Great stuff for hackers!

Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up