Re: any info on dates when oracle 11g patchset may be arriving?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:54:26 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> I spent many hundreds of hours testing it and can assure you, based
>> on the number of betas, that the testing was thorough.
>>

> You tested patch 3?
> Sorry, don't buy that.
>
> And you cannot decline the fact that 10.2.0.3 introduced
> nasty errors, that did not appear in either the baseline,
> or 10.2.0.2.
>
> Guess I won't make it ACEdom now.

I tested 10.1 and 10.2 and 11.1 initial releases. With 11.1 there were six separate Betas and I can tell you from personal experience that a huge amount of work went into them both inside and outside Oracle. Each Beta clearly demonstrated a substantial difference.

I had nothing to do with 10.2.0.3 ... about that you'll have to talk to Mark.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor