Re: Do all the legs of an "OR" with null comparisons get executed?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:15:27 +0100

Arthernan wrote:

> That is an alternative. I do think the logic is correct thought. Take
> the first comparison for example:
>
> UPP_FIRST='JOHN' and UPP_LAST='SMITH' and MMDDOB=NULL and AA=1

MMDDOB=NULL should be "MMDDOB is NULL"

And no, Oracle is smart enough to know boolean algebra; if a part of the boolean equation yields true (or false), the rest is no executed - it would not change the outcome.

Now, you figure out when to OR or AND, and when TRUE or FALSE :)

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up