Re: Oracle 9i Latching Issue

From: Johne_uk <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:25:11 -0700 (PDT)

> You might look at Metalink Note 163424.1 to investigate the 'hot
> block' angle.

Thanks David, that was a great pointer. As I suspected Discoverer has caused some issues with latch waits on the DUAL table (I had already created a local dual table for all EUL schemas to minimise this).

There was also high waits on the SYS.I_OBJ2 index on the sys.I_OBJ2 table.

SYS.I_OBJ2	2028

Im going to investigate further but it looks likely i will move all our Discoverer EUL schemas onto their own server.

cheers Received on Fri Mar 28 2008 - 12:25:11 CDT

Original text of this message