Re: import sys objects

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:52:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 5:40 pm, "jerni..._at_nospam.kochind.com" <jerni..._at_kochind.com> wrote:
> I have already moved the aud$ table.
> To shrink the tablespace I would need to rebuild the idl_ub1$
> table.
>
> I am using sysaux, but I can't move the idl_ub1$ table because it has
> a long column in it.

Some suggestions and reminders:

1 - Never use extendable data files without setting a maximum size limit
2 - if you had a maximum set on your system tablespace then there is no reason for you to be trying to shrink it since it is still below that limit otherwise someone made a bad decision when the limit was chosen. No limit on datafiles almost always leads to trouble like you now have.
3 - did you just alter table sys.aud$ move or did you move it to another tablespace? Oracle has published a note on how to move the table but Oracle is also on record as stating that this is an unsupported configuration and with an upgrade there is no guarantee that you will not experience problems because sys.aud$ is not in the system tablespace.
4 - did you remember to rebuild the index? 5 - set up a purge task for sys.aud$

I would live with the 6G system tablespace till it is time to migrate to a new platform or perform a major upgrade. Otherwise you are likely to damage your system by attempting to move and reorganize sys owned objects. Definitely avoid touching uet$ and fet$.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 17:52:36 CDT

Original text of this message