Re: any info on dates when oracle 11g patchset may be arriving?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:58:09 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:06:20 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:
>

>> As opposed to announcing release dates in advance for marketing and
>> public relations purposes and then pushing code out the door untested?

> Are we talking about the company that has released Oracle 10.2.x series
> of bugs? Of course they are pushing untested code. OUI stands for
> "Oracle's Untested Infuriator".

I spent many hundreds of hours testing it and can assure you, based on the number of betas, that the testing was thorough.

Did some bugs sneak through? Absolutely. If you want perfection go back to 3x5 cards. But given the huge number of features and the complexity of the product the small number of bugs found is a triumph of good design, and good change management.

Consider 10gR2 versus Windows. Two very complex systems. Oracle releases regularly with major new features and "it works." Anyone want to trade their XP or Linux for Vista?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor