Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Advance Server vs Solaris 10 ?

From: Hardesh <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:10:05 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Users,

Kindly help me with below query of mine.

For a web application, which is a suggested combination (considering stability/performance/maintainen for web application)

  • Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server
  • Oracle 10g on Solaris 10
    • Currently we are using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8.

It will be helpful if i can get views based on your experience with above oracle 10g and OS.

There is one more thread on oracle on solaris vs windows but i coud'nt get specific solution from that hence posting again (sorry abt that)

Thanks in Advance Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 07:10:05 CDT

Original text of this message