Re: How to reduce memory consumption?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 22, 12:23 pm, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

snip

> One of the interesting items mentioned in the Metalink article is the
> following:  "The preceding steps instruct you to set SGA_TARGET and
> PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET to zero so that the sizes of the SGA and instance
> PGA are tuned up and down as required, without restrictions."  That
> seems to raise the question, does setting a value for SGA_TARGET and
> PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET help limit the memory used for the SGA and PGA
> when MEMORY_MAX_TARGET/MEMORY_TARGET is set?  And is the limit
> specified as the minimum or maximum value?  Now I have a reason to dig
> back into the Concepts manual.

If you use the new 11g parameter memory_target and ( optionally ) memory_max_target then if you specify sga_target etc it is used as a minimum similar to how shared_pool_size etc can be set to minimum aka reserved size pre 11g. Received on Sat Mar 22 2008 - 13:37:51 CDT

Original text of this message