Re: How to reduce memory consumption?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2008 15:13:28 GMT

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 11:39:02 -0700, Charles Hooper wrote:

> The parameters SGA_TARGET and PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET help control the
> amount of memory used by Oracle - what values are specified for those
> parameters? If you are able to connect to the database using SQL*Plus,
> type the following:
> SHOW PARAMETER SGA_TARGET
> SHOW PARAMETER PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET
Charles, he's using Oracle11g. Memory management mechanism has been significantly altered in oracle11. The new feature is described in the note 443746.1 about the automatic memory management. Having said that, I fully support your recommendation for checking the documentation.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com