Re: testing memory parameters

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:18:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 19, 4:44 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > On Mar 18, 4:24 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>
> > snip

> >> Perhaps I was wrong ... please provide me the link to the DB2 equivalent
> >> to ASH, AWR, and the wait interface.
>
> > Why don't you take some time and read the DB2 documentation?
>
> > Probably you can start with some searches on google ... let's see
> > there is the DB2 Technical Library, IBM Redbooks, stuff like the DB2
> > Tuning Database Performance manual ... etc.  Doing a little legwork
> > might be good for you.
>
> > Of course Oracle offers free access to all the stuff like ASH, AWR,
> > and the wait interface thru OEM or Grid Control ... well at least if
> > you pay extra licensing fee's for the options packs and enterprise
> > edition.
>
> > Wonder if many oracle customer's skip paying for these options and use
> > 3rd party tools like Quest or BMC etc?  Wonder if any other 3rd
> > parties do the same thing for DB2 ... why surprise I guess they do!
>
> > Looks like you have a bunch of homework to do!
>
> One of the first thing you learn in law school is to not ask a
> question, in court, to which you don't already know the answer.
> Let Serge respond if he wishes.

Looks like as usual you are twisting and turning this thread far away from the original questions. Not surprised.

Serge asked some reasonable questions. Bottom line, it comes down to this for BCHR ( not BHCR as Frank calls it ) ... if you claim that it is useful ... then how do you use it exactly?

That's finished, done, over with. Get it?

Then Captain Morgan starts pushing some stuff about DB2 ... as usual. Just more opportunity to post his long signature and spam everybody imho. Didn't see that as anything related to what Serge asked except for well yeah kind of a cheap shot in the dark. Received on Thu Mar 20 2008 - 09:18:14 CDT

Original text of this message