Re: Parallel execution strategy

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:51:46 +0100

jerome.bellet_at_altran.com wrote:

> That was my main idea as well. But there is more to it than that. For
> instance (and certainly under specific circumstances I haven't tried
> to determined), a query with an inner join of a huge table and a tiny
> one won't be parallelized unless the degree of *both* tables is
> greater than 1.

I can confirm that (but don't ask the details - it's been 3 years since I last visited that customer); iirc, reversing the order of naming the tables did the trick in some cases; other needed hints. I understand that might be difficult to realize (since there are 'suppliers' - suspect you meant software suppliers?)

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up