Re: Kids can learn Oracle Database Administration now!!!

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2008 12:01:03 GMT

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:05:33 -0700, Noons wrote:

> Can we please cease to give Oracle marketing ideas for the next anti-dba
> campaign?

I don't think that they've been particularly successful so far. I am still not unemployed and I am typing this on a fairly nice Lenovo R61. Oracle marketing has never been particularly good. Oracle is an engineering company, similar to another company that used to inhabit The Mill, at Maynard, MA. Similar to that company from MA, Oracle too has one powerful founder which makes all decisions. I don't think that there is much to fear from Oracle marketing, regardless of the childish "DBA course for kindergarten" spam.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com