Re: tool comparing statspacks

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:43:49 +0000

On 2008-03-16, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 12:06 pm, Eric Junkermann <e..._at_deptj.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Since the statspack report is just a script reading the statspack
>> tables, why don't you look at the script, look at the tables, and roll
>> your own report.
>
> Looking at the statspack script, and the associated package, and
> entirely understanding it, is a little more complex than that raw
> sentence suggests. Especially if you have to compare and contrast
> different versions of statspack at maybe different levels.
>
> Niall

Depends where you are in the experience range I guess (and how keen you are to do it). I've done it (for something adhoc) (not cross-level), and moved on, thinking "I've done that, so I can do it again". And I suppose I was building on a fair bit of time spent understanding bstat/estat.

And I guess it was at least as helpful as giving 'awk' as a one-word answer.

E Received on Mon Mar 17 2008 - 10:43:49 CDT

Original text of this message