Re: auditing disabled still getting aud files

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:44:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 10:03 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2:28 pm, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > 10.2.0.2 EE aix 5.2 64 bit. non rac, no asm
>
> > We don't have auditing turned on for any of our databases but yet we
> > are getting a bunch of .aud files which look like they are all
> > reporting sysdba connections in our $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit
> > directory. I've found several bugs related to this on metalink but no
> > resolutions. Bug # 4001394, 5880268, 4296219. Has anyone found a way
> > around this other than just going back behind oracle and cleaning them
> > up? I'd like to prevent the creation of them altogether as I'm sure
> > there is some overhead with creating them. It appears as though this
> > has been happening since at least 9.2.0.5.
>
> And the value of the parameter audit_sys_operations would be?
>
> IMO, you want to have it on.
>
> And as for overhead : ROFL
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

"We don't have auditing turned on" in other words none of the auditing parameters are set to a value that should cause audit files to be created.

Crazy me, what was I thinking that it could cause overhead. I guess you don't consider disk space usage or delays in cumulative os backups overhead. Received on Mon Mar 17 2008 - 09:44:29 CDT

Original text of this message