auditing disabled still getting aud files

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 06:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

10.2.0.2 EE aix 5.2 64 bit. non rac, no asm

We don't have auditing turned on for any of our databases but yet we are getting a bunch of .aud files which look like they are all reporting sysdba connections in our $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit directory. I've found several bugs related to this on metalink but no resolutions. Bug # 4001394, 5880268, 4296219. Has anyone found a way around this other than just going back behind oracle and cleaning them up? I'd like to prevent the creation of them altogether as I'm sure there is some overhead with creating them. It appears as though this has been happening since at least 9.2.0.5. Received on Mon Mar 17 2008 - 08:28:13 CDT

Original text of this message