Re: a Quick TOAD Question.....

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:29:51 +0100

<sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:0k7qt35q59kb0iv8fibcgkokgm50lafeck_at_4ax.com...
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:39:35 +0100, "Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>No you can't. One of the disadvantages of TOAD (at least up until the
>>versions I used) is that you can not have disconnected (TOAD)sessions
>
> Can you have disconnected sql*plus sessions?
> So why do you bash Toad for not having a capability, which sql*pluse
> doesn't even have?
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

NO but I can edit text files with SQL scripts while not connected to an Oracle database, something TOAD just can't. For people who want a syntax highlighting editor for SQL files (and yes they exist!), TOAD won't work in these cases.

I'm not bashing..... and I said disconnected TOAD sessions, not database sessions. And even with sql*plus you can edit a file without a database connection. Actually, the 'flaw' in TOAD is that it counts licensed users per database connection, so it will need one while running.

I have been a satisfied TOAD user for a long time, and TOAD has options pl/sql developer does not have, but they have their price...

Shakespeare Received on Mon Mar 17 2008 - 03:29:51 CDT

Original text of this message