Re: testing memory parameters

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:46:19 -0700

Ana C. Dent wrote:
> "" <> wrote in news:62772aa8-fdbd-42b7-

>> I think that I should consider buffer and library cache hit ratios.
>> Is this a good way?

> BUFFER CACHE HIT RATIO ia a mythical indicator of performance.
> It should be ignored because it is meaningless.

Just to reinforce what Ana wrote ... hit ratios are meaningless nonsense promoted by people who still think they can apply Oracle 7 bad practices to current versions of Oracle.

If you have one of those books that recommends such nonsense do something useful with it. I suggest a recycling bin.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group