Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: Geoff Schaller <geoffx_at_softwareobjectivesx.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:36:35 +0000

> True: I am "applied math" rather than theory.

Applied Rubbish would be more accurate. You don't 'apply' anything. You pontificate from on high without the slightest hint of practicality and expect that we should respect this advice. News flash Joe. We don't.

> NO! My books are ANSI/ISO Standard, not SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, or
> any other product related. I deviate only when a non-standard feature

Yes, your books live in fairy land. You ignore completely the practicalities of implementing theory and standards, the processes that engineers (the real applied mathematicians of the world) learn from day one.

> of professional ethics, not knowing enough about the products and no
> bribes big enough (yet).

Yes. Honesty at last. It is quite clear you don't know enough about real products and the reason you hide behind impossible theory rather than step out into the real world to see how to implement such theories.

> worked as a full-time statistician and scientific programmer before I
> became "the SQL Guy" and stopped doing honest work.

Correct. You should have stayed doing honest work because it might have made your dishonest work more readable. But 'the SQL guy' ? Give me a break! Received on Sat Mar 15 2008 - 23:36:35 CDT

Original text of this message