Re: Oracle Patches

From: <mtek_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:17:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 15, 7:43 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 7:53 pm, m..._at_mtekusa.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm kind of new at this.  We are running Oracle 10g R2, what looks
> > like 10.2.0.1.0 on solaris SPARC 32.
>
> > I need to install all the patches that are realted to that version.
> > However, when I loko on Metalink, I get different results depending on
> > what search criteria I use.
>
> > Can someone help point me out to where the proper patche(s) for our
> > version of Oracle??
>
> > Thank you so much!!
>
> > John
>
> First what you want is "probably" the 10.2.0.3 patchset ... ( since
> 10.2.0.4 is not yet available for solaris any platform afaik ).  Are
> you really running SPARC 32 bit not SPARC 64 bit?
>
> You can log into metalink and click on the patches tab ... there is a
> section with a funky interface that gives links to the latest
> patchsets on a per platform basis that you can use ... or you can
> search more directly.  All in all, the oracle interfaces for locating
> patchsets and/or patches is well clunky at best.
>
> I would give you a direct link but the oracle support website isn't
> even responding at the current time ... so maybe that part of the
> problem you are running into right now?

I tried 2 things:

I go to Metalink
I click on the Patches tab
I choose 10.2.0.2 (I do not see a 10.2.0.1 on that page)

It is on the next page I get lost:

Depending on what I put in the search criteris ("DBMS Server" or "Oracle Database Family") I get different results.

Most of the time I get no results found.

If I choose the advanced option and enter these criteria, I get 64 patches??? 64? Can that be correct?

Product or Product Family:
  Oracle Database Family
  Oracle RDB Family
  RDBMS Server

Release: 10.2.0.1

Platform: Solaris SPARC 32 bit

That's it, I get 64 matches???

So, I'm hoping someone can help me with getting to the list of patches.....

Thanks!

John. Received on Sat Mar 15 2008 - 20:17:19 CDT

Original text of this message