Re: Oracle Text / Office 2007 question / 10gR2

From: jeremy <>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:19:34 -0000

In article <f2a65b31-2050-49cc-b77c-d6ad0125efb8>, hpuxrac says...
> Why not design your app so that whatever format the input "is
> submitted in" you convert it into a standard one before trying to add
> it ( and index it ) inside oracle?

It seems a bit odd to want to do that as Oracle will index so many document types - we make more work for ourselves I guess and for what actual benefit?

> Have you looked at the documentation?

Not the entire product no - is unzipping a BLOB something that is available then?