Re: Oracle 11 - 10053 trace doesn't produce any output

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:58:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 7:13 am, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:43:19 -0700, Steve Howard wrote:
> > On Mar 14, 4:10 am, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Did anybody else try that? I did the following and got no trace file:
>
> >> SQL> alter session set events='10053 trace name context forever, level
> >> 1';
>
> >> Session altered.
> >> --
> >> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.freehostia.com
>
> > No clue, I just tested it on 11.1.0.6 XP Pro and found it.  Sorry, I
> > have to ask :) - are you sure you are looking in the right location?
>
> > select value from v$diag_info where name = 'Default Trace File';
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Steve
>
> Steve, I recently installed the whole bunch of patches fixing different
> things. I tried all that, even flushing trace file from oradebug. I
> believe that one of the ML patches has damaged handler for 10053. I will
> remove all the patches and install only CPU JAN 2008 when I have some
> time.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.freehostia.com

Just ran across this: http://optimizermagic.blogspot.com/2008/03/oracle-support-keeps-closing-my-tar.html

Idly wondering if it is appropriate for your bug, since transient issues are so hard to prove - why wouldn't an alter session be an object like any other?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
A nice picture frame for gramma:  http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080314/news_1b14viruses.html