Re: What would happen if..?

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 12:51 pm, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 14 Mar, 16:49, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > honestly there are a lot of settings in our system that I look back on
> > and couldn't begin to explain accurately why they were set to what
> > they are or what the previous dba was thinking when he did something.
> > I do know what cursors are though, but why 500 was decided on the
> > "correct" number, nope, no idea, I wasn't part of that decision making
> > process. We had layoffs a few years back and our sole dba was one of
> > them, so now I'm sole dba and the past dba didn't really keep notes.
>
> > > Since there are no silver bullets there also are no magic numbers
> > > here.
>
> > didn't think so. I'm assuming 1200 was the default number set for the
> > metric in oem. It doesn't hurt to ask for others input though.
>
> OPEN_CURSORS:http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initpa...
>
> HTH
>
> -g

Thank you, but I wasn't referring to the default parameter value for an instance. I was referring to the default value of the metric in oem grid control that causes "Current Open Cursors" to be reported on the front page for a db. Received on Fri Mar 14 2008 - 11:56:57 CDT

Original text of this message