Re: Oracle 11 - 10053 trace doesn't produce any output

From: Charles Hooper <>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 03:54:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 4:10 am, Mladen Gogala <> wrote:
> Did anybody else try that? I did the following and got no trace file:
> SQL> alter session set events='10053 trace name context forever, level 1';
> Session altered.
> --
> Mladen Gogala

As I am sure you are aware, it should only produce output on a hard parse (adding a comment to the SQL statement may not be enough to force a hard parse on 11g, if I recall correctly). That said, during testing of 11g, I found that occasionally when I attempted to enable a 10046 trace for another session, no output was generated.

Have you tried flushing the shared pool to see if it makes a difference?

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Fri Mar 14 2008 - 05:54:41 CDT

Original text of this message