Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:59:54 -0000

> You stated...
>
> <<Where oh where is Windows 2003 Advanced Server? Not a single
> reference on
> the MICROSOFT website.>>
>
> ..and I posted what I found in 30 seconds on the MICROSOFT website.
> As a result, you may want to take your own advice...
>
> <<You'd have thought somebody who is a system builder would be fully
> versed in
> what OS version and editions his chosen product expertise works on.>>
>
> ...unless I am misunderstanding what I quoted you posting above?

Sad - really sad.

If you are going to nit pick - I said the MICROSOFT website, not the TECHNET one.

The MICROSOFT website is the marketing; TECHNET website is for IT Pros and MSDN is for devs; both TECHNET and MSDN contain the Knowledge Base articles.

And for there to be a solitary KB article that has the text Windows Advanced Server 2003 in it - does that not tell you something?

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson