Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: Tony Rogerson <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:37:18 -0000

> I rarely get involved with this kind of post, but curiosity killed
> me. As of today, the 8th link down on the first page he linked...
> The following lists all of the references on the microsoft website...
> Regards,
> Steve

Those are the same article and it's a Knowledge Base article - it was published on 1st June 2002 - that is well before Windows Server 2003 shipped.

The article is simply badly edited from a previous Windows Advanced Server 2000. I can't find the marketing for 2000 but this wikipedia explains it perfectly ->

There was never ever ever a Windows Advanced Server 2003 released - ever.

And for proof just read Microsoft's own marketing site ->

Or, like Denial Again, do you put a single KB article above what MS's own marketing site states?

But, back to my point....

You'd have thought somebody who is a system builder would be fully versed in what OS version and editions his chosen product expertise works on.

Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
[UK SQL User Community]