Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: Tony Rogerson <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:25:49 -0000

> Since you're in a helpful mood, I can't seem to locate Windows Server
> 2008 (either x86 or x86-64) support up on the Oracle Metalink site
> under "Certify" for Oracle Database Server 10g R2 - Enterprise
> Edition.
> Have you seen a note or doc regarding this?

I see you are now at the 'arrr but...' stage - you've lost the argument so you try and digress into another topic.

Frankly I don't know and nor interested; I'd have expected both oracle and DB2 to be there.

The biggest benefit of Windows Server 2008 is it's virtualisation and in addtion the Hyper V stuff that will RTM in a few months time - it's going to kick hell out of VMWare.

Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
[UK SQL User Community]