Re: Oracle licensing fees

From: patrick <patrickppunch_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:18:48 -0400

"patrick" <patrickppunch_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:fr3r57$q1h$1_at_aioe.org...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to estimate a cost in terms of Oracle licensing fees if I were
> to move from my current system a Sun E450 with 4 CPU's at 400 to a Sun
> V880 with 8 CPUs at 1.05 Ghz. I went to Oracle site and couldn't find
> anything specific on cost estimates.
>
> Thanks

Thank you and it helped alot including the comments about using the UltraSparc T1 8-core CPU which I read about but didn't see in the Oracle pricing for the March 3,2008 in the beginning, but on page 9 there's a information about UltraSparc T1 in very "fine fine fine" print. Received on Wed Mar 12 2008 - 07:18:48 CDT

Original text of this message