Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 03:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

We don't teach installation. They come preloaded with a default configuration and databases. That way we can concentrate on a DBA's job.

As I said before - installation should only be required once per system

What do your students do if they need to reinstall due to some external factor (hardware failure/natural disaster) or if they want to set up a new server? Oh wait ...

I think usually installing Oracle is contractor's job, because it is very complex and you don't do it often.
That's why many shops don't waste their resources training permanent employees - bringing in contractors for a relatively short time is much cheaper.

Question answered ... they bring in someone who did DA's course!

Who says the academic and the business world don't work hand-in- hand :) Received on Wed Mar 12 2008 - 05:41:42 CDT

Original text of this message