Do other LDAP server work with Oracle RDBMS as name resolution ??

From: <tofran_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 02:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have been searching for a LDAP solution replacing our Onames name resolution today as 10g does not support Onames anymore.

I know that Oracle have OID as the LDAP solution, but I think it is a expensive solution, just to have it for name resolution.

But if Oracle RDBMS is LDAP compliant, would it then be possible to install fx. an open source LDAP and use this as a solution ??

I have found one description on the web, that is should be possible, but the paper was not describing it in details to set it up.

So my question if anybody have tried a LDAP solution not based on Oracle OID and make it work only to name resolution for Oracle databases ??

Best regards
Tom Received on Wed Mar 12 2008 - 04:28:09 CDT

Original text of this message