Checking Dataguard Physical Log apply status

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

Setup:

2 node Rac cluster on AIX 5.3 tl05 sp04 setup with dataguard shipping logs to a single instance standby. Standby redo logs are created and is in Maximum Availability Mode.

Question:

What's the best way in checking the status of which log sequences have been applied? I have looked at gv$archive_dest comparing the log sequences.

select inst_id,dest_id,log_sequence
from gv$archive_dest;

For checking the sequence number, this works most of the time, however, once in a while there is a log that is not applied and therefore, they standby is out of sync with the primary. When this has happened, I then have run the following:

SELECT MAX(R.SEQUENCE#) LAST_SEQ_RECD, MAX(L.SEQUENCE#) LAST_SEQ_SENT FROM V$ARCHIVED_LOG R,
          V$LOG L
WHERE R.DEST_ID=2 AND L.ARCHIVED='YES'; But, this does not appear to reveal which logs have been applied. Any advice on how to check how closely the Standby is synchronized with the Primary? Obviously I want to run checks on a time interval(at a minimum).

TIA,
Pete's Received on Tue Mar 11 2008 - 16:23:56 CDT

Original text of this message