Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 11, 2:55 pm, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyroger..._at_torver.net> wrote:
> > What do Firefox users that don't run Silverlight have to do to find a
> > release date for when OEMs are actually shipping Windows Server 2008
> > pre-installed?
>
> > Somewhere in the range of "real ... soon ... now"?
>
> > "Current version is Windows 2008" ... good one.
>
> What's that noise - choaking on your own foot I guess
>
> http://www.greymatter.com/p290749
>
> Pick the edition you want - all available to joe public....
>
> > troll-o-meter:
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Plonka meter:
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> You'd have thought somebody who is a system builder would be fully versed in
> what OS version and editions his chosen product expertise works on.
>
> --
> Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVPhttp://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson
> [Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]http://sqlserverfaq.com
> [UK SQL User Community]

nice.

How about if you actually read the post - specifically the part where I referred to OEMs actually shipping Windows Server 2008 preinstalled ?

Yes, I did mean in a US-centric, major OEMs kinda way such as Dell and HP.
In checking on both of their retail sites, neither had w2k8 listed as an option when specifying a server OS.

Guess that w2k8 server is not current quite yet.

Are you running the current version of SQL Server 2008 on that as well?'

-bdbafh Received on Tue Mar 11 2008 - 14:11:41 CDT

Original text of this message