Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: Jerry Stuckle <>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:44:56 -0500

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle:

>> gazzag wrote:
>>> On 11 Mar, 18:14, Jerry Stuckle <> wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip]
>> In the case of Fortune 500 companies paying up to $500 per student per
>> day, yes.  They don't want their employees sitting there watching a CD
>> spin.

> What type of trainer would that be, who lets the students sit and watch
> the CD spin? I thought good trainers, worth 500 dollars per day per
> student, would have someting useful prepared for those twenty minutes
> where an installation process runs unattended.
> I don't think students would consider their first Oracle installation a
> waste of time, assuming that they _learn_ how to do it (and what to do if
> a step or two fail) during that time frame.

We don't teach installation. They come preloaded with a default configuration and databases. That way we can concentrate on a DBA's job.

As I said before - installation should only be required once per system, and if Oracle is that hard to install (or requires multiple installations to get it right), maybe another product should be used.

Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.