Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:44:56 -0500

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle:

>> gazzag wrote:
>>> On 11 Mar, 18:14, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck..._at_attglobal.net> wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip]
>> In the case of Fortune 500 companies paying up to $500 per student per
>> day, yes.  They don't want their employees sitting there watching a CD
>> spin.

> What type of trainer would that be, who lets the students sit and watch
> the CD spin? I thought good trainers, worth 500 dollars per day per
> student, would have someting useful prepared for those twenty minutes
> where an installation process runs unattended.
>
> I don't think students would consider their first Oracle installation a
> waste of time, assuming that they _learn_ how to do it (and what to do if
> a step or two fail) during that time frame.

We don't teach installation. They come preloaded with a default configuration and databases. That way we can concentrate on a DBA's job.

As I said before - installation should only be required once per system, and if Oracle is that hard to install (or requires multiple installations to get it right), maybe another product should be used.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address