Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:00:33 -0000

> the same hardware configured with Windows AS 2003.

That's a version I've never come across - what's Windows AS 2003?

Current version is Windows 2008 and in many flavours.

Predecessor for the past 2 years is Windows 2003 R2 in Web and Server and Enterprise and Data Centre flavours.

You have to go all the way back to Windows 2000 for Advanced Server, now if that is what you are running I'd to hazzard a guess it is then no wonder you are having problems.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson