Re: Oracle licensing fees

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 04:12:18 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> patrick wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to estimate a cost in terms of Oracle licensing fees if I
>> were to move from my current system a Sun E450 with 4 CPU's at 400 to
>> a Sun V880 with 8 CPUs at 1.05 Ghz. I went to Oracle site and couldn't
>> find anything specific on cost estimates.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This is Q4 at Oracle. There is no better time to call your Oracle
> salesperson and ask for a quote.

And NEVER settle for the quoted price. Buying Oracle licenses is like dealing with a very good used car salesman. And if you do not have a half-way descent negotiator on your side - they will eat your lunch - or at least take your lunch money :)

The other analogy is like asking the person sitting next to you on the plane how much they paid... your answers will differ and sometimes drastically. Received on Mon Mar 10 2008 - 23:12:18 CDT

Original text of this message