Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 06:07:38 -0800

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

>> The other really sad part is that they were hired because they were
>> "certified".

> None of these are "certified", AFAIK. They were hired for their
> knowledge, not because of a piece of paper. But then they were doing it
> long before certifications were around.

We've a mixed crowd on this thread ... MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server so we need to be careful about what we claim and how it will be interpreted by different audiences.

MySQL certification?

SQL Server certification may be important to finding jobs. I don't know the market well enough to comment and given my proximity to Redmond my view may be skewed.

Oracle certification, at least in my part of the planet is a waste as it won't get you a job and teaches much that is incorrect.

I wouldn't open my mouth for my dentist if she had the equivalent skill set of someone that gets a certificate in a software program.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor