Re: Checking value set via "set transaction" or "alter session"

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 05:57:19 -0800

Jack wrote:
> This seemed like it would be a simple question to answer, but I can't
> find anything on either.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on how to determine the value I have used
> for "set transaction" (say to "read only") and for "alter
> session" (say to change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT)?
>
> Lots of info on setting, haven't been able to find anything about
> checking these once they've been set.
>
> Thank you, Jack

Probably in a manner similar to how Oracle handles: SET CONSTRAINTS ALL IMMEDIATE;
which is implemented as a transaction callback which is a type of state object.

When you initially create a transaction you allocate a ktxcb structure from a segmented array. You can see these structures in X$KTCXB and once the transaction has started in V$TRANSACTION. If you do a state object dump (SYSTEMSTATE level 10), you can see the transactions currently in progress for each session (and process).

I would expect this is similar.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor