Re: Help:"backup database plus archivelog not backed up;" no good?

From: <>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 04:03:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 8, 4:14 am, wrote:
> On 8 mar, 04:42, wrote:
> > How ever, when i move the whole backupset to another host, and do the
> > restore, restore successfully.
> What do you mean by "the whole backupset". Have you copied the archive
> log backup pieces as well (those that were taken prior to your "backup
> database...")?

"the whole backupset" means from database backup set, to any file that finish, which include several archivelog file backkups and a controlfile autobackup.

BUT, i did not copy archivelog backup piece before database backup, do i need that as well? I will give it another try. Received on Sat Mar 08 2008 - 06:03:02 CST

Original text of this message