Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:51:52 -0800 (PST)

>> If you changed or advanced the fundamentals based on those authors contributions to relational theory then yes I am unaware of those contributions. <<

I am not aware of anything either :) I think it is funny that I get accused of being too theoretical in some of the newsgroups when my (few) academic publications were in Software Engineering and not very important at all.

I have always written for the working SQL guys or consulted for companies developing SQL products. I did find out that some of the tricks I popularized in SMARTIES were optimized for in several products, as a direct result of the development teams using the book for test suites. Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 16:51:52 CST

Original text of this message