Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: Jerry Stuckle <>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:05:07 -0500

--CELKO-- wrote:

>>> There are a lot of top notch programmers and DBA's who have never heard of Joe Celko. <<

> LOL! Programmers, sure; I know some who are not sure who the
> president is. DBAs, probably not :) I am teaching a graduate
> Database Course at a small local college from the 8-th edition of a
> popular textbook. I am not just quoted in a few places, but my name
> is used in data in the examples. Unfortunately, I am shown as knowing
> Java in one of the tables, which I don't.

I'm not arguing about your qualifications at all. But I can name some excellent DBA's for Fortune 500 companies who haven't heard of you. These are guys with 20+ years of experience on huge databases running on mainframes.

Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.